Friday, March 2, 2012

A Heart Of Gold

I want to tell a story about my baby boy. I always tell my son to respect people no matter what. If they are poor or rich. My son thinks everybody in the world is his friend. He wants to play with everybody. We moved to Colombia about 3 years ago. Now coming from Nashville to a city with 2 million people. It was a change. We see a lot of homeless people. It´s hard to turn you back on people who are asking for money. My mother always told me.."Never turn your back on someone because that could be Jesus". I really feel like my son has a "heart of gold". My son goes to Catholic School. He looks so cute in his uniform. I walk him to school because his school is down the block. I always pack him a snack for school. This one special day we was walking to school. Sitting on the sidewalk was a woman with her baby asking for money. My son walked passed and reached into his lunch box to get his chips out for this woman. I told him no because that was for him. He started to cry. So we walked on and he had his tears dried up before he got into the school. At that time my son´s teacher walked up. I told her my son was upset. His teacher walked by this woman and didn´t see her. So I went home and walked by her again. I wanted to cry. When I got home I got some money and went back out. I got some bread and some juice. I took it back to the woman. I told her it was from my son. She cried and told me GOD BLESS YOU. When I picked up my son. I told him what I had done. A smile came a cross his face and he said "Thank you mami" My son is my heart and always will be. I hope this story touches your heart and makes you think twice before turning someone away...God Bless All Ps Last night my son was talking to his self. His daddy walked in and asked him who he was talking to. He said "Oh I´m talking to God" so sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment